From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Greetings plus discussion of WebSockets for Android
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:30:28 GMT
Hey Marlin,

Thanks for joining the mailing list and starting discussion.

One thing that may put you on the right track is actually a branch we have
that implements WebSockets for the Android Cordova implementation :)

https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android/tree/WebSockets

It is about a year behind in terms of upstream commits, so certainly a lot
of work needs to be done, but I think 95% of the work is there.

This branch was slated for introduction into master but never made it due
to a security issue that came up (the details escape me - maybe someone
else from the list can bring the light the original reason). Not sure
whether or not that was resolved. I think it was due to some standards
body declaring that some revision of the web sockets spec was incomplete?
Something along those lines.