From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about releasing 1.5
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:29:47 GMT

On 12-02-24 2:49 PM, "Becky Gibson" <gibson.becky@gmail.com> wrote:

>Mobile-spec has had some changes to accomodate the unified-js - Thus there
>will be errors on platforms that have not implemented unified js.  Plus,
>we
>are still finding bugs in unified JS on the "completed" platforms.

I believe there was only one change to mobile-spec you are mentioning here
Becky and that is the change from 'ToURI' to 'ToURL' for the File object -
which simply returns FileObject.fullPath. Very easy to revert if you think
this is a show-stopper.

>My issue is that by releasing unified-js over different releases we are
>making it much harder on our users!  IMHO we haven't adequately warned
>users about all the upcoming changes.

How are we making it harder? Mobile-spec passes (passes better with
cordova-js on Android than previous implementation). Our users still just
require a JS file - end result is the same. API still works.

The only concerning thing for me are the file system root / pathing issues
that came up on Android - which we can also solve/revert pretty quickly to
what we had before, and work out the cross-platform consistency of pathing
and file system resolution for 1.6.