From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: File API error inconsistency
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:04:03 GMT
Native can either:

1. Return an object that, for all purposes, looks and has the same
structure as the FileError object straight to JS.
2. Return only the primitive data type(s) that we can easily build up a
FileError object in JS for.

My problems with (1):
- if you do an `instanceof` call on the object to, say, check if it is an
instance of the FileError object, it will return false, unless we include
the use of the FileError constructor / module in the native side. However,
then we're moving *more* JS into the native side. We don't want to do
that.
- what's being passed to/from native is larger, but that is much less of
an issue.
- we're maintaining more JavaScript in both the JS layer as well as the
native side.

By using (2) and constructing things like error objects in the WebView on
the JS side we are also making it easier to maintain as we have a single
spot in the code that does this. Hopefully as we move forward, this will
be all done in the cordova-js code and, ideally, done once across
platforms as well.