From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] standard layer to exec : regCommandProxy
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:51:21 GMT

>I think we can all agree that both of these are not the ideal solution but
>both work fine for now.

This, in my mind, sums up this thread.

Yes, there are problems and ugliness in cordova-js. However I think we can
all see the benefit in moving to a unified JS approach where JavaScript
modules are king.

Initially, yes, there are going to be some platform-specific overrides.
Are they ugly? Certainly. But let's first get the current fugly
implementation of cordova-js on all platforms, and then start iterating
and improving and removing/refactoring platform-specific stuff in the next
few releases before 2.0.

Once we got it incorporated into Android, we were passing more tests in
mobile-spec than the previous per-platform JS file implementation. Let's
make this happen on other platforms, get all of the maintainers and
committers comfortable with how the project works and is structured, let's
all use it a little bit, and *then* start reasoning about what the
problems with it are how to solve them.