From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Unified JS and iOS
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:29:42 GMT
I believe the methods you point out are simply convenience methods.

The Connection object is based on this spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-netinfo-api-20110607/#the-connection-interface

... Which exposes a single "type" property according to the spec. That's
the only thing we *have* to provide (and thus our documentation
http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.4.1/phonegap_connection_connection.md.html#Co
nnection).

That being said there is a new internal draft in the works at the W3C:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/network-api/index.html

So we have more work down the road :)

For the initial cordova-js drop I am working towards just providing what
our docs say we have / passing mobile-spec (minus that little toURI ->
toURL method hiccup that we went over earlier).

Let me get the relevant code branches online for you to peruse and
hopefully it will start to make more sense.