From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Changes to requesting a PERSISTENT file system in Cordova-Android
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:09:09 GMT
Joe and I had a discussion about this as I was getting cordova-js shimmed
into the Android implementation. The /sdcard location is not persistent on
Android - you can take the SD card out at any time.

We ended up using internal storage as the way to go -
/data/data/<package>/ as the persistent storage (can't get wiped) and
/data/data/<package>/cache as the temporary storage. The ../cache path can
be cleared out by going into Settings -> Applications -> Your App -> Clear
Data.

In hindsight I really should have posted about this switch on the mailing
list - my apologies for that.

I guess it's as good a time as any to discuss the switch and where each of
TEMPORARY and PERSISTENT locations should go to?