From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Work Items for 1.5.0 - unified JS
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:45:35 GMT
Awesome Bryce that is great! Super stoked to see it in there finally.

There were more bugs that came up in Android 4.0+. Looks like some of the
File API objects exist "natively" in ICS's WebView. The "common" platform
definition (under lib/platform/common.js) specifies most of the objects we
need to exist in global scope for the Cordova API to work - but - the way
we drop the common objects into global scope is we don't overwrite those
objects if they already exist in global scope. With ICS implementing some
of them (like DirectoryEntry!) we need to either:

A) test out the native implementations in ICS and see if they're
functional, or
B) add overrides in lib/platform/android.js for the objects affected. The
platform-specific js definitions *always* clobber whatever exists so it's
one way of just forcing out polyfills into the JS env (see 'device' and
how that is defined in android's platform .js file).