From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Work Items for 1.5.0 - unified JS
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:21:29 GMT
Ahh, so more of a packaging question. I'm not sure. I know Steve is
working on a packaging script so certainly integrating a cordova-js build
into that makes sense.

I think you're on the right track, Drew. We used to include phonegap.js
into the sample app packaged in each repo - maybe we can keep with that
same theme for cordova-js and just add some stuff into the README
regarding where to get/build the latest cordova-js.

On 12-02-15 9:28 AM, "Drew Walters" <deedubbu@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think the way I stated my question is confusing.  Let me try again.
>Right now the incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks repo contains both
>the JS and native code.  Some time soon I would anticipate a
>incubator-cordova-js repo.  At that time the JS files in the webworks
>repo should go away.
>
>It seems to me that the "vendor" in of a platform specific cordova.js
>should happen when we build the end user package (ie. the one
>currently at phonegap.com).  At development time, I'm always going to
>want the latest one out of incubator-cordova-js so I can just build
>that myself.  Unless of course there is some mechanism to
>automatically build incubator-cordova-js when it is updated and copy
>the built files to the platform repos.
>
>Am I wrong?
>
>On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>> I think it'd be a pain to submodule cordova-js into the platform repos.
>>
>> So far the general agreement is to "vendor" cordova-js in as a built
>> script.
>>
>> It should only get out of sync if we let it :)
>>
>> On 12-02-15 9:11 AM, "Drew Walters" <deedubbu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I need to do some more testing before I agree to move it to the apache
>>>code.  Wanted to get the name change in completely first.  Right now
>>>some of the api aren't working in my test app.
>>>
>>>This brings up a point though.  What will this look like once its
>>>moved to apache.  I would assume we'll have a separate repo for
>>>cordova-js, but do the individual platforms really need a copy of the
>>>built js file?  From an end user perspective this could just be
>>>handled at packaging time when we build the distributable binary.
>>>Seems like including a built js from cordova-js would lead to it
>>>getting out of sync.

Am I

we really need
into the apache