From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Improved git commit notification subjects
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 18:29:52 GMT

On 12-02-03 7:56 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently it's a bit hard to tell about which of our Git repositories
>a given commit notification mail is about. To fix this I'd like to
>change the commit notification subject template from "git commit:
>${summary}" to "${repository} commit: ${summary}" with the
>"incubator-cordova-" prefix removed from ${repository}. Any objections
>or alternative ideas?

+1 - esp. puzzling when someone pushes up just a tag, it contains the tag
name but no reference to code/repository so it's a mystery tag :)

>On a similar subject, how do people find the commit notifications? Do
>you follow them, and if yes, could they be improved to be more useful?
>Should we also provide alternative notification channels like web
>feeds, IRC notifications or tweets?

I think they are very useful and I do follow them to keep up on changes to
all the different platforms. We used to have a twitter account for
phonegap commits - should we get that back online for Cordova?