From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins: Packaging/Installation/Manifests and whatnot
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:59:16 GMT
On 8 February 2012 15:37, Patrick Mueller <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

> My thinking is that rather than a `pluginstall` command (which is kinda
> confusing - "plug-install" or "plugin-stall"), we have a `cordova` command
> with subcommands like:
>
>    add-platform [ios|android|...]
>    add-plugin phonegap-plugins/ChildBrowser
>    remove-plugin cordova/camera
>
> Seems like your "project" should know what platforms have been added to it
> (via add-platform), so that info doesn't need to be passed into for
> commands like add-plugin.  Also note that "plugins" should be
> phonegap-plugins plugins, as well as base plugins like camera.

Yep - at this stage the goal has been to modify native projects
programmatically, which is a hairy enough goal (mostly down to incidental
complexity) to deserve its own effort. Things like the format of the CLI
haven't received much attention.

> Which repo should we start working on the `cordova` command?  Please not
> another repo; maybe cordova-js (or whatever we call it)?

A Cordova command/binary deserves its own thread - I'll start that now.