From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins: Packaging/Installation/Manifests and whatnot
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:48:26 GMT
Update: The pluginstall script - https://github.com/alunny/pluginstall -
now installs (simple) iOS plugins as well as Android.

There are three steps to installing an iOS plugin:
1. move some files around
2. modify the PhoneGap.plist file
3. modify the XCode project file (App.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj)

1 and 2 are trivial (although the Node library for manipulating plist files
does need some love).

3 right now depends on a separate library I've developed -
https://github.com/alunny/node-xcode - that parses an XCode project file
into a JavaScript object. This object can then be easily modified, and
written back out. The node-xcode project is not very mature, and will need
enhancements to deal with the full range of PhoneGap plugins.

My next step is to modify a fork of the ChildBrowser plugin, to allow for
cross-platform deployment of the same JavaScript file (there are some
fiddly inconsistencies between Android and iOS there). I'll then have a
screencast/demo available of how the whole process works.