From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: [config.xml] Splash screen spec and other biz
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:38:35 GMT
The W3C Native Web Apps community group has been great at accepting
Cordova's feedback on the Widget Configuration and Packing spec. So this is
a good opportunity for us to continue testing and helping to spec out the
splash screen.

Another implementation to look at is BlackBerry's `loadingScreen` element
[1]. Personally, I like how can specify a background color to the loading
screen. Your image is then centered on the screen, regardless of its size.
This is a great way to side-step the fragmentation of screen sizes and
pixel density.

[1]
https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_developing/rim_loadingscreen_element_834680_11.html