From Drew Walters <deedu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pull request for cordova-js
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:53:45 GMT
I was actually looking at the contact related changes today as well.
My changes are slightly different though.  I followed the model set by
the DirectoryEntry override in that the file only contains the API
that need overridden (save, rename, find and helper methods).  The
platform file then overrides those methods similar to how
DIrectoryEntry methods are overridden.  Was still working on it when I
left work today so haven't tested it.  Advantage would be ensuring
that the additional methods that are common (clone, create,
constructor) are kept in the common file minimizing the risk of them
getting out of sync.

Honestly, I'm not crazy about the override in the platform file, seems
to me a better model might be to handle platform uniqueness in the
exec function like the playbook manager does.  In my head that seems
like a more straight forward way of fitting in to the framework but it
would require some extra overhead of checking if an action has JS
implementation or needs sent to native.

FYI, I'm also looking at File API fixes.  Requires some changes on
native side to match behavior that other platforms have which
cordova-js is expecting.