From Drew Walters <deedu...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache License swap for BlackBerry
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:25:31 GMT
I am looking at updating the BlackBerry code for the Apache license and ran
across a couple of things I need guidance on.  Overall the code is very
clean since it was for the most part completely maintained by IBM and
Nitobi.

- There are a couple of instances in the code (from Playbook
implementation) for a copyright of RIM.  Has RIM agreed to removal of their
copyright or does that need to be maintained in the source?

- The StringUtils.java [1] file was apparently based on a BlackBerry
knowledge base article [2] as noted in the file header.  Its not clear to
me whether I need to include information in the LICENSE or NOTICE file for
this.

- The sample project provides ant-contrib.jar which is used to build the
project and includes the license (Apache 1.1) for it in the same directory.
 I've added the required text to the NOTICE file, and have also added the
license to the top level LICENSE.

- The sample project also includes a copy of Douglas Crockford's json2.js
[3] which is needed on BlackBerry OS 5 devices.  The file states it is in
the public domain.  I've added what appears to be the license to the top
level LICENSE file.

[1]
http://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks/blob/master/framework/ext/src/com/phonegap/util/StringUtils.java
[2]
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/832062/How_To_-_Implement_a_string_splitter_based_on_a_given_string_delimiter.html?nodeid=1498848&vernum=0
[3]
http://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks/blob/master/template/project/www/json2.js<https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks/blob/master/template/project/www/json2.js>