From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nuking githubs
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:36:18 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> So, is the correct Apache Way to open a couple of tickets in infra
> JIRA to create new repos? We have resources avail to help w/ this.

Yes, opening an INFRA ticket is the best way to get things rolling.

> Jukka: how does one become a member of the infra team?

The basic intro is at http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-volunteer.html.
Apache committers can also take a look around
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/ and
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/infra to see what kind of stuff
the infra team is working on.

To help out with git-wip-us tasks, a volunteer should preferably be
familiar with Python and/or Perl scripting, have at least basic Unix
admin experience and understand how to keep systems secure. As the
upstream source of software that runs pretty much everywhere, the
security and integrity of ASF source repositories is essential. That's
also why new infra volunteers normally start with little extra access
rights and only gain more karma as they earn the respect and trust of
the rest of the team.

That said, I'd be eager to help new volunteers get up to speed on the
git-wip-us setup, as we could really use some extra helping hands
there.

BR,

Jukka Zitting