From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:48:33 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Where we and Apache differ is in commit access. In the past, if you
> had a decent contribution and a CLA then we made that person a full
> committer. (No vote.)
> [...]
> Certain I'm opening a can of worms here but I really do feel the 'vote
> a committer in' policy puts an unnecessary barrier to community,
> contribution and adoption.

Sounds like you're making too big a deal about the vote here. It's
basically just about making sure that everyone agrees about the
"decent contribution" part, so except for the few extra days of delay
in letting the vote run its course is pretty much the only extra
overhead I see here (yes, the Incubator adds a bit of extra
complexity, but that's temporary). Is the vote perceived as a bigger
barrier than that?

If not a vote, what (or who) would decide who gets commit access?

BR,

Jukka Zitting