From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache License swap for BlackBerry
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:26:39 GMT
Hi,

Sounds like a case of http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

> - The StringUtils.java [1] file was apparently based on a BlackBerry
> knowledge base article [2] as noted in the file header.  Its not clear to
> me whether I need to include information in the LICENSE or NOTICE file for
> this.

Do we know the license of that code? If not, it would be good to
clarify whether it's OK for us to redistribute it. Alternatively I'm
sure there are plenty of other sources of similar functionality.

> - The sample project provides ant-contrib.jar which is used to build the
> project and includes the license (Apache 1.1) for it in the same directory.
>  I've added the required text to the NOTICE file, and have also added the
> license to the top level LICENSE.

OK, sounds good.

> - The sample project also includes a copy of Douglas Crockford's json2.js
> [3] which is needed on BlackBerry OS 5 devices.  The file states it is in
> the public domain.  I've added what appears to be the license to the top
> level LICENSE file.

OK.

Did you already push these changes to the repository on git-wip-us?

BR,

Jukka Zitting