From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova Website
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:07:49 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Yohei Shimomae <yohei@adobe.com> wrote:
> So I don't think I'm authorized to commit to the SVN repo yet.
> Can someone add me to the repo?

AFAICT you should have enough karma already. What's the error you're
encountering? Make sure that you're using https instead of http for
your svn checkout, as anything requiring authentication happens only
over https.

> Also, is it ok if I wipe everything in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/callback/site/trunk/
> and copy everything from
> https://github.com/yoheishimomae/cordova-website + /public folder
> and have the site point to that folder?

It's a bit more complicated. We have two options:

a) You create a separate subtree, like .../incubator/cordova/site (if
we're replacing the site, we can just as well switch the name from
Callback to Cordova :-), and put your stuff there. Then file an INFRA
request to have the contents of .../incubator/cordova/site/public
published automatically to http://incubator.apache.org/cordova/. This
is probably the most straightforward solution.

b) There's been some recent work on enabling the Apache CMS to use a
custom site build system instead of the built-in Markdown-based one.
You could join infrastructure@apache.org (or site-dev@) to see what it
would take to enable that feature to use your "ruby bin/gen.rb"
command. This will be harder to set up, but the benefit is that then a
web browser is enough for editing the site - no need to have svn,
ruby, and all the other dependencies installed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting