From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:21:29 GMT
We should have a tag in JIRA called master where it's a bug in the master
branch, at whatever state master is.  Since anyone can take the code from
our repo at any point they want and use it, I don't see why we don't have
this tag in place.  Ideally we should have a release-able master at all
times and work should happen in branches, however in reality rebases and
merges break things.  We should only be filing bugs against versions if the
bug happens on the released version.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Also, if there's a defect that's blocking a release put it up on JIRA as
> > blocker! I have no idea what's broken if it's not on JIRA. I go through
> the
> > same checks that Fil does, except that I would also like to see more
> native
> > additions added to this once we get the embeddable webview added. (Unit
> > Testing Cordova isn't really possible without this IMO, and we need this
> > for things such as making sure history works).
> >
> > Honestly, I don't like the fact that there's more failures on Android
> 4.0.2
> > than there are on Android 2.3.6 but the number is so negligent that I
> don't
> > think it should hold up a release.  However, I'm easily convinced when
> > presented with a well written bug report.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Testing process: this is important :)
> > >
> > > Let's hash that out in this thread, and document over at
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RunningTests
> > >
> > > Here's my version, please add anything that you think I'm missing. For
> me
> > > it's as simple as:
> > >
> > > 1. Run the qunit tests in mobile-spec. This is a baseline. I have never
> > > seen it pass 100% but below 50 tests failing (less than 10%) seems to
> be
> > > what the average across platforms is. Our goal is to reduce this as
> much
> > > as possible.
> > > 2. Run the "manual" tests in mobile-spec. These are the individual
> > > links/pages showing up when you run mobile-spec.
> > >
> > > I would like to see the manual tests refined a bit more to have
> expected
> > > behaviour mapped out more obviously. Something like:
> > >  - you run the accelerometer manual tests.
> > >  - these tests ask you to lie the device flat on a table and hit a
> > > button. We assert that the various x/y/z accel values line up to what
> we
> > > expect.
> > >  - do the same for various other device positions.
> > >  - rinse and repeat for all of our APIs.
> > >
> > > I had Becky express concerns that mobile-spec is not a complete test
> > suite
> > > and "needs improvement." Please, if you feel this is the case, it is
> > > *extremely* important to commit patches to the test suite! It is our
> only
> > > tool that allows us to say with confidence "we are ok to release."
> > >
> > > Moving forward, with cordova-js lined up as dropping in the next few
> > > releases, as well as the embeddable webview + rename changes coming
> into
> > > the native side on all of our platform implementations, the test suite
> > > needs to be our go-to method for determining what works and what
> doesn't.
> > > If you feel it is lacking: patch it.
> > >
> > > Let's get this process nailed down in our wiki and in this thread so

to.URI() into the
> go

MacDonald <

when it should have