From Paul Beusterien <paul.beuster...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about releasing 1.5
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:24:39 GMT

> Don't disagree its going to break things. What would be best way to
> let the users know? Shipping early and fixing before 2.x seems
> pragmatic to me. (Would prefer a rock solid major release and unstable
> point release.)

My expectation is the opposite of what Brian states above.

I would expect API disruptions to occur in major releases. My expectation
about minor releases is they consist of bug fixes and minor non-disruptive
enhancements.

I'd much rather see the 2.0 API breaking changes in a separate stream.  It
could be something like 2.0beta1. Or Cordova could take the opposite
odd/even approach of node and make 2.x a development/testing stream and 3.x
being the stable next release.

Dumping a pre-release on an unsuspecting full PhoneGap community will be
damaging. It would be much better to clearly identify the next generation
stuff so that early adopters can knowingly adopt it with the right
expectations about quality level.

Paul