From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:35:19 GMT
Well running mobile spec is only part of the regression I usually do.
Typically I'll run the autotests with the previous version then again with
the latest version and find the differences. By doing that this release I
was able to fix the issue with the DirectoryReader on Android. Then I'll
run through the manual tests in mobile spec to make sure that things are
still working. Then I start going through the examples on
docs.phonegap.combecause it is really embarrassing when the sample
code in our docs doesn't
run.

I've been doing this for a number of releases now and it helps me get a
feel for how stable we are. With all the moving parts for 1.5 I don't feel
like we are as stable as 1.4 and don't think we should tag tomorrow as
there are some more things I want to look at.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> What regression process are you using?  I've personally have never seen
> mobile-spec pass on Android, so I'm curious as to what the criteria is.
>
> Joe
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Simon MacDonald
> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I do not feel comfortable tagging 1.5.0 tomorrow. I'm still finding bugs
> in
> > regression.
> >
> > Simon Mac Donald
> > http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > JIRA says that this is supposed to happen tomorrow.

> > gibson.becky@gmail.com

> > > gibson.becky@gmail.com

> > > escapeURI
> > in