From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changes to requesting a PERSISTENT file system in Cordova-Android
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:50:25 GMT
I agree with your points but I'm worried that we are making a change for
current PhoneGap Android developers. They are assuming their data is on the
/sdcard and now we are moving the location of their root filesystem. That
means they'll need to write code to move any files from the /sdcard to the
internal storage directory as they update their app from PhoneGap 1.4.1 to
Apache Cordova 1.5.0. Alternatively, we could put a check into Cordova to
do this work for them.

IIRC the internal storage directory is protected via the UNIX filesystem
permissions so if I wanted to store a image/audio/video file and call an
intent to view/play the file it wouldn't work.

Also, with the temporary storage on
/sdcard/Android/data/<package_name>/cache/ it will be cleaned up when the
user uninstalls the application.

Anyway, I'm not adverse to making the move I just want to make sure we
think through all the ramifications of the change.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald