From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tagging 1.5rc friday
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:18:31 GMT
Hmmm...I haven't been adding bugs to Jira because they are not really bugs
on a released version of Cordova. Perhaps we should add a 1.5.0rc1 tag in
Jira and any bugs found during regression should be tagged appropriately
and fixed before the official 1.5.0 release.  Does this make sense to
everyone?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Joe
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> > Testing process: this is important :)
> >
> > Let's hash that out in this thread, and document over at
> > http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RunningTests
> >
> > Here's my version, please add anything that you think I'm missing. For me
> > it's as simple as:
> >
> > 1. Run the qunit tests in mobile-spec. This is a baseline. I have never
> > seen it pass 100% but below 50 tests failing (less than 10%) seems to be
> > what the average across platforms is. Our goal is to reduce this as much
> > as possible.
> > 2. Run the "manual" tests in mobile-spec. These are the individual
> > links/pages showing up when you run mobile-spec.
> >
> > I would like to see the manual tests refined a bit more to have expected
> > behaviour mapped out more obviously. Something like:
> >  - you run the accelerometer manual tests.
> >  - these tests ask you to lie the device flat on a table and hit a
> > button. We assert that the various x/y/z accel values line up to what we
> > expect.
> >  - do the same for various other device positions.
> >  - rinse and repeat for all of our APIs.
> >
> > I had Becky express concerns that mobile-spec is not a complete test
> suite
> > and "needs improvement." Please, if you feel this is the case, it is
> > *extremely* important to commit patches to the test suite! It is our only
> > tool that allows us to say with confidence "we are ok to release."
> >
> > Moving forward, with cordova-js lined up as dropping in the next few
> > releases, as well as the embeddable webview + rename changes coming into
> > the native side on all of our platform implementations, the test suite
> > needs to be our go-to method for determining what works and what doesn't.
> > If you feel it is lacking: patch it.
> >
> > Let's get this process nailed down in our wiki and in this thread so our
> > next release goes smoother.
> >
> > On 12-02-27 1:35 PM, "Simon MacDonald" <simon.macdonald@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > >Well running mobile spec is only part of the regression I usually do.
> > >Typically I'll run the autotests with the previous version then again
> with
> > >the latest version and find the differences. By doing that this release
> > >was able to fix the issue with the DirectoryReader on Android. Then I'll
> > >run through the manual tests in mobile spec to make sure that things are
> > >still working. Then I start going through the examples on
> > >docs.phonegap.combecause it is really embarrassing when the sample
> > >code in our docs doesn't
> > >run.
> > >
> > >I've been doing this for a number of releases now and it helps me get a
> > >feel for how stable we are. With all the moving parts for 1.5 I don't
> feel
> > >like we are as stable as 1.4 and don't think we should tag tomorrow as
> > >there are some more things I want to look at.

into the

it should have
> used
common-js there was