From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Normalization of acceleration values
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:48:05 GMT
It seems to be on Android that it is returning the value in m/s*s. When my
device is resting on the desk the x and y values are close to 0 while the z
is close to 9.8. Depending on what Android device you have your
accelerometer may be more accurate or able to go up to a higher level of g.
So, it looks like if we want to standardize on g as the unit to be returned
for the accelerometer I'll need to divide by 9.81.

Also, can someone else run the MobileSpec code and go into Accelerometer
and do a Start Watch while leaving your phone flat on the desk? I want to
make sure that other devices don't correct for gravity as I only have
Samsung devices here.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald