From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Work items for v1.5.0 - Name change
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:53:00 GMT
Well I think my branch is ready to go in now. Testing has gone well
and I'd prefer to get this into the repo earlier rather than later in
order to shake out any issues before we get ready to ship 1.5.0 on
February 27th. If we are going to hold that date it only gives us
three weeks before we go live and we probably should code freeze
before that as we have major changes planned including:

* PhoneGap -> Apache Cordova name change
* CordovaView
* Cordova-JS

So if there are no major objections I'd like to commit my change
tomorrow so we can have more soak time.

Also, I took a stab as making all the necessary changes to android/bin
but if you can test it that would be fantastic.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> Bryce/Simon:
>
> re docs: Apache Cordova seems like the right thing to do but we should
> wait until the unified js is merged into the respective projects to
> see just how that effects things. (eg: cordova.js)
>
> re android /bin: I'll hit that.
>

> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Simon MacDonald
> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You can see the Android rename at:
>>
>> https://github.com/macdonst/cordova-android/tree/rename
>>
>> so far it looks good. I've run through the mobile spec app and the
>> automated tests pass at the same rate and the manual tests are fine as
>> well. I will run though some real device testing tomorrow.
>>
>> The one area I'm sketchy on is the ./bin scripts as I haven't been
>> using them very much. I'd like to get some assistance on that side of
>> things.
>>
>> Simon Mac Donald
>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Bryce Curtis <curtis.bryce@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Now that 1.4.1 is tagged (or almost) we need to discuss 1.5.0.  I would
>>> suggest the first task is to do the name change to cause minimal impact and
>>> give time to verify code & update docs.
>>>
>>> The changes are in 3 areas:
>>> 1. Native code - com.phonegap packages change to org.apache.cordova,
>>> directories
>>> 2. JS code - what does PhoneGap global change to? Cordova?