From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Work items for v1.5.0 - Name change
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:53:57 GMT
I don't think we can do that as we'd still be using the PhoneGap TM.
Based on what I understand we have to completely remove references to
PhoneGap from the code in order to do an official Apache release. This
is something we should double check with our Apache mentors.

Also, based on my understanding of the way trademarks work in the USA
they need to be defended if it is determined that they are being
infringed. While from our developer point of view keeping classes in a
package of com.phonegap is not infringement it could be construed as
such by lawyers.

So while I'd love to keep the old classes around for ease of upgrade I
think we need to take them out. Who can we talk to in order to get a
definitive answer?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald