From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Mentoring newcomers
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:49:56 GMT
I was recently at an event in Sri Lanka. At this event I discussed
Cordova with a number of employees from a large IT services company
called Virtusa (predominantly India based but with offices in a number
of countries). They currently use PhoneGap and were very excited to
hear that it was coming to Apache as Cordova.

The main problem they had was upskilling their developers. It sounded
like there was the potential for widespread use of the Callback code
within Virtusa but that training was an issue. Obviously not all their
developers would be coming to this community but it was felt that a
number might be interested in getting involved and addressing the
problems their teams come up against. We therefore discussed ways of
kickstarting their involvement.

Naturally I discussed some of my own ideas with them, but before we
discuss those I wonder if the community ever did this kind of work in
the past before coming to the ASF? Do you have any models that have
worked well for you in the past?

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)