From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:21:39 GMT
On 16 February 2012 18:38, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "I assume the RIM folks intend on contributing significant IP they own to
>> Apache (ie, code they have written)."
>>
>> http://markmail.org/message/aaqwg2motedreszq
>>
>> However, as noted in my mails and corrected by Jukka, if these
>> contributions are coming through git pull requests it's not an issue.
>
> Glad to get this clarified. In my situation - an employee of
> Salesforce sent a pull request (his code contribution was not
> significant IP - the contribution is out in the open in one of the
> older repos). I knew a little bit of Apache policy in that not all
> contribs need a iCLA (if they are trivial contribs), but I erred on
> the safe side and requested an iCLA from the individual. He replied
> back that Salesforce itself has submited a CCLA so I didn't know if
> that was adequate to pull in the changes.

CCLAs are usually for named individuals rather than for everyone at
the corporation. Furthermore they are not a replacement of ICLAS.

However, as you not in the case you refer to this is not important as
we have a public contribution chain to follow.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)