From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: orientationchange event in cordova
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 20:41:36 GMT
No, not to that spec. However it is mentioned in the section:
"... may be able to do so with the existing *orientationchange* event."

Overall, it is a much simpler API where:
a) window.orientation holds the current value of one of  [0,90,-90,180]
b) window fires orientationchange event when it changes

Currently consistent in BB-WW, iOS, Android, WP7

In PhoneGap, the ability to generate the event may be governed by other
platform specific ways of defining what orientations the application
supports.