From Gord Tanner <g...@tinyhippos.com>
Subject Re: Work Items for 1.5.0 - unified JS
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:31:24 GMT
Quick note:

I added a node runner for our unit tests that will run for every build:

https://github.com/callback/callback-js/blob/master/test/runner.js#L23-58

If you have already been developing cordova.js you will need to run
./configure again to pull down jsDom to build.

The intent is that these tests will test the javascript code (mocking
interactions to native) and should be kept green.

This is not a replacement for cordova-test but a place for us to quickly
spec and test our javascript without the need to load or build into a
simulator.

to run the tests in node:

jake
or
jake test

to run the tests in the browser:
jake btest

Gord

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Ahh, so more of a packaging question. I'm not sure. I know Steve is
> working on a packaging script so certainly integrating a cordova-js build
> into that makes sense.
>
> I think you're on the right track, Drew. We used to include phonegap.js
> into the sample app packaged in each repo - maybe we can keep with that
> same theme for cordova-js and just add some stuff into the README
> regarding where to get/build the latest cordova-js.
>
> On 12-02-15 9:28 AM, "Drew Walters" <deedubbu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I think the way I stated my question is confusing.  Let me try again.
> >Right now the incubator-cordova-blackberry-webworks repo contains both
> >the JS and native code.  Some time soon I would anticipate a
> >incubator-cordova-js repo.  At that time the JS files in the webworks
> >repo should go away.
> >
> >It seems to me that the "vendor" in of a platform specific cordova.js
> >should happen when we build the end user package (ie. the one
> >currently at phonegap.com).  At development time, I'm always going to
> >want the latest one out of incubator-cordova-js so I can just build
> >that myself.  Unless of course there is some mechanism to
> >automatically build incubator-cordova-js when it is updated and copy
> >the built files to the platform repos.
> >
> >Am I wrong?
> >
> >On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >> I think it'd be a pain to submodule cordova-js into the platform repos.
> >>
> >> So far the general agreement is to "vendor" cordova-js in as a built
> >> script.
> >>
> >> It should only get out of sync if we let it :)

I was

 Am I

common-JS into

run our mobile-spec,