From Joe Developer <joe.d.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about releasing 1.5
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:42:25 GMT
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Ray Camden <raycamde@adobe.com> wrote:

> [...]

Using odd-numbered as unstable isn't unusual, but normally it is fairly
well advertised as such - it is also generally tends to indicate a branched
release process where Stable still receives bug-fixes and non-api breaking
enhancements, while unstable is for building out breaking changes or
architectural changes with significant side-effects.

>From looking at http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects and skimming
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB it seems that the release process
is more time-bound than 'intended feature bound' - for that to have the
best results I would imagine that there should be a careful selection of
which commits are included ( ready ) for a given release deadline.

My naive thought would be that an important selling point for actually
using phone-gap is exactly to be able to target multiple platforms with the
same core codebase, breaking that expectation ( as I assume would happen in
terms of Android vs other ) should, imo, be made in a branch that is
clearly identified as WiP in terms of functionality offered. That isn't to
say that it shouldn't be released, I would imagine that the improvements
will be well-received by end-developers that target Android exclusively.