From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:38:40 GMT
> "I assume the RIM folks intend on contributing significant IP they own to
> Apache (ie, code they have written)."
>
> http://markmail.org/message/aaqwg2motedreszq
>
> However, as noted in my mails and corrected by Jukka, if these
> contributions are coming through git pull requests it's not an issue.

Glad to get this clarified. In my situation - an employee of
Salesforce sent a pull request (his code contribution was not
significant IP - the contribution is out in the open in one of the
older repos). I knew a little bit of Apache policy in that not all
contribs need a iCLA (if they are trivial contribs), but I erred on
the safe side and requested an iCLA from the individual. He replied
back that Salesforce itself has submited a CCLA so I didn't know if
that was adequate to pull in the changes.