From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Unified JS and iOS
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:20:42 GMT
So, I've started working through the unified JS changs for iOS.   I'm not
quite sure how to handle the many differences at startup.   If I'm reading
the code right, there seems to be a new NetworkConnection object which
replaces the Connection object.   Any reason for renaming this?  It seems
to me we should try to make a few api/object name changes as possible to
make upgrading easier for folks.  Also, since we are not going to get iOS
updated for 1.5, we will have a discrepancy between platforms with some
using NetworkConnection and iOS at least still using Connection.

Is there any requirement fo this NetworkConenction.getInfo() api?  I can
certainly override that module for iOS to continue with the current iOS
implementation  or I can implement a getInfo() api.  The same issue occurs
for the Device object - other platforms implement a getInfo() api to get
the info.  iOS calls out to JS to set the info during startup.

-becky