From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Changes to File API
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:36:43 GMT
I was running the mobile-spec after Shaz completed and checked in the iOS
name change (THANKS, Shaz!) and found that several file tests fail. The
issue is the name change of the <Entry>.toURI() api to <Entry>.toURL().
Checking on the W3C File API: Directories and Systems spec. this API was
indeed renamed from the October, 2010, version of the spec that we
implemented to the April and May, 2011 versions.   The FileError codes have
also been reassigned - although that has not been updated in the unified-js
implementation.

Other than the API name change and FileError code reassignments, I don't
see major changes in the specification.  However, this will certainly break
existing apps and I question making that change.   I realize it has to be
made sooner or later, but it might be best to wait for the api to be
finalized.   If we are going to make this api change, then we should
probably also make the FileError changes to be consistent.  And update the
docs and make sure this is well documented.

my two cents,
-becky