From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:04:38 GMT
> Infra help is always welcome, but is this the key bottleneck?

Again, not a big deal. Consider, before: any committer had the
capability to grant that right to any other committer. ATM: no
committer has that right. (Or perhaps I should say: privilege.)

Subtle difference.

Anyhow I think the real bottle neck is balancing learning the Apache
Way and getting up to speed. Speaking for myself I misjudged the time
it would take to acclimatize to the scene around here. Having built
most of our community on services we didn't necessarily admin was a
key component to the early success the project formerly known as
PhoneGap. Still not entirely convinced of the value of hosting all
that infra ourselves w/ the foundation [given the time it takes to do
so] but I am committed to seeing us do right by Apache.

> The voting periods for both were abnormally long, mostly because of
> confusion about who's driving the process. We can and definitely
> should improve on that.

Agree

> Are there other concerns about the process?

No, not really