From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changes to File API
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:45:11 GMT
On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 15:33, Dave Johnson <dave.c.johnson@gmail.com>wrote:

> For all of these sorts of changes lets endevour to maintain backwards
> compatibility and put in deprecation notices. Ideally the deprecated APIs
> are removed at a major version change, e.g. when we hit 2.0.

This will always be a problem for us, in terms of tracking developing APIs
as they change over time.

I think my take would be that what we want to do is support specific
versions, and not have a version which is somehow morphing over time.  Eg,
we should have two versions of the File API for the following "versions" of
the spec that I noticed:

* http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-FileAPI-20101026/
* http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/

The default is that you get the latest one.  If for some reason, you need
the old one, then you would need to do something special:

   cordova add-plugin file-api@w3c-20101026

or something.

--
Patrick Mueller