From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using existing AMD implementations with cordova.js
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:11:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 13:51, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Let's be very careful in recommending anything to our users as our
> bikeshed require implementation is no where close to what most people
> consider is "require.js".

I don't think we need to recommend anything.  The various AMD
implementations will be happy to do some recommending themselves. :-) All
we need to do is make sure that they can actually work - if there's
something we need to do to make this happen.  Near as I can tell, little to
nothing on our part, so far.

And, kinda noted, and I guess this is a personal bias, but I'd recommend
against using an AMD implementation which does not throw exceptions in
places you want to "fail fast" - that includes requirejs and almond.

> Also we should definitely document what is/isn't supported by our require.
> No async loading, for example.

And so, the definition of "Synchronous Module Definition" begins.  Luckily,
it will be very short.  :-)

> I'll create a JIRA ticket to document that stuff in the README - anywhere
> else that documentation should exist you guys think?

I think a README is appropriate for now.  Longer term, we will probably
want to add some actual doc, but ... too early.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org