From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:50:03 GMT
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 08:42, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:

> > If me and Jukka are wrong, and Ross is right, then I've broken the rules
> by
> > including a slew of npm modules, and the WebKit Web Inspector source, in
> > weinre's git repo at Apache.  The top-level LICENSE file for weinre <1>
> > (master branch) lists all the 3rd party code that weinre pulls
> > (recursively).
>
> If the code is under a compatible licence and you have taken any steps
> necessary to identify their use (NOTICE file) this is nothing to worry
> about. The issue I raise is only for code contributed to the ASF (i.e.
> carries a Copyright ASF notice).
>
> I've not looked at this specific case yet, but will do so if you want
> me to review it (I'll certainly review it before release).

Yes, I'd like for you to review my LICENSE [1] and NOTICE [2] files, and
then keep in mind that all the 3rd party code listed in LICENSE is:

- in the Apache git repo
- will be shipped in "official builds"
- will be used at runtime

Note that my original understanding was that 3rd party licenses should go
in the NOTICE file, but an email [3] seemed to indicate those go in the
LICENSE file, where they currently live.

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-weinre.git;a=blob;f=LICENSE;hb=HEAD
[2]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-weinre.git;a=blob;f=NOTICE;hb=HEAD