From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova command
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 17:05:45 GMT
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:50, Joshua Marinacci <joshua@marinacci.org> wrote:

> BTW. are we planning on having the breaking changes in 1.5 or 2.0?  I'm
> finishing up my PhoneGap book and want to include the current status.

It would be nice to start laying out some proposed scheduling for this.
 But, I don't think we can guarantee anything, in terms of
dates/versions/project content.

Can be broken down into a description of where we want to be, and then the
steps to get there.  Steps might be:

- ship a static cordova.js built out of the CJS cordova modules
- allow users to interact w/module system - replace our AMD impl, add their
own modules and scripts, etc
- command-line tooling to interact w/module system and plugins
- etc

We might noodle on how long these might take and so on, but I think it
would be best to just target the "next release".  And seems like "static
cordova.js built out of the CJS cordova modules" would be a valid 1.5
release item.  Everything else: "some future release".  When 1.5 is in the
can, we figure out what in 1.6 (or whatever the next version is).

Figuring out when/if/how we break "compatibility" needs to be part of the
description of each step.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org