From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributions policy for those with no ICLA
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:47:47 GMT
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 05:45, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:

> ... I am only referring
> to contributions that contain significant IP or are not made available
> through some public repository.

Perhaps this is where I'm confused, where "not made available through some
public repository" is kind of dropped in the "if clause" there, in kind of
a weird way.

All the 3rd party code weinre uses is available in various public
repositories (WebKit's SCM,  npm, github).  So, using that boolean clause
in the weinre equation, what I've done is perfectly fine.

I think I'd like to see a citation on the definition of "available through
some public repository", because that's pretty vague.  WebKit SCM seems
pretty "public repository" to me.  As do npm and github.  What if it's a
git repo on someone's personal site?  It's "public" and a "repository", but
... not quite in the same league as WebKit's SCM.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org