From Patrick Mueller <>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 release
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 03:40:39 GMT
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 21:48, Michael Brooks <>wrote:

> We could document the test plan as an application.

Sounds good.  We used to call such things "smoke tests" [1].  This was just
a list of things we had to test manually.  But having an application is
even better.

The iOS barcode scanner in PhoneGap Plugins includes such an application;
and a corresponding desktop application you run at the same time.  It's
been useful.  OTOH, there's not much to take away from it - most of the
code is barcode scanner specific.

> - Each test is presented as a page.

Not sure each test needs a page, but whatever.  It should be easy to run
the test, and not require constant finger mashing.  I kinda see it as a set
of paragraphs, each one has a check box at the end "click here if the test
passed".  Maybe there are some additional controls for each paragraph
specific to the test.  At the bottom an "All Done" button which gives you
your pass/fail summary (green if all ok, red if not all ok).

> - Each page asking you to performance a task
>  - Tablet or Handheld?
>  - Rotate the device... did it rotate? Yes / No
>  - ...

 - XHR the log results to a server.

Not sure we need to XHR the results anywhere, just yet.

Patrick Mueller