From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins: Packaging/Installation/Manifests and whatnot
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:37:50 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 17:47, Andrew Lunny <alunny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Update - quick screencast showing usage available here:
> http://youtu.be/HOs9nuzhxR4

This is awesome.

My thinking is that rather than a `pluginstall` command (which is kinda
confusing - "plug-install" or "plugin-stall"), we have a `cordova` command
with subcommands like:

   add-platform [ios|android|...]
   add-plugin phonegap-plugins/ChildBrowser
   remove-plugin cordova/camera

Seems like your "project" should know what platforms have been added to it
(via add-platform), so that info doesn't need to be passed into for
commands like add-plugin.  Also note that "plugins" should be
phonegap-plugins plugins, as well as base plugins like camera.

Which repo should we start working on the `cordova` command?  Please not
another repo; maybe cordova-js (or whatever we call it)?

Great to see these initial steps though!  Encouraging!

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org