From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova command
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:28:18 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 19:55, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> So, I've been on about having this and tools like this for some time.
> I think it'd be best if we continue w/ the intention of getting there
> by way of a set of small tools that are purpose built before composing
> into 'one tool to rule them all'.

In my head, the 'one tool' - `cordova` - is really just a shell for a bunch
of subcommands - much like git.

    cordova add-platform init
    cordova add-platform ios
    cordova add-platform android
    cordova remove-plugin cordova/camera
    cordova add-plugin phonegap-plugins/barcode-scanner
    vim .  # haha, no, really: bbedit .
    cordova build
    cordova open-ios-sim

command would be structured where every "subcommand" was a node module.  In
the backdrop, we end up with utility modules to massage platform files,
rebuild cordova.js, general file collectors, listers, copiers, etc, which
are used by the "subcommand" modules.

If you just change your wording a bit, it becomes:

I think it'd be best if we continue w/ the intention of getting there
> by way of a set of small modules that are purpose,composing them
> into 'one tool to rule them all'.

Sounds awesome!

Or maybe I'm not understanding your concerns.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org