From Ken Wallis <kwal...@rim.com>
Subject Re: Consistent implementation of the whitelist
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:13:34 GMT
For more information on how WebWorks implemented the widget config.xml
spec, and the additions to it we made with the rim: namespace, please see:

http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_developing/working_w
ith_config_xml_file_1866970_11.html

I would certainly support a single config file to rule them all with
platform specific artifacts created at build time. ;)

As you can see from our implementation, we tried to be true to the config
spec, and only added to it.  That said, at this point, we are really only
tied to it from a compatibility perspective for our existing devs. As
Laurent mentioned, we don't really have a stake in trying to promote the
spec.

--
Ken Wallis
Product Manager ­ BlackBerry WebWorks