From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: Adding permission / plugins.xml / whitelist stuff to docs
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:20:23 GMT
I think I'm just gonna start porting over some of the guides to a branch
on cordova-docs and see where we get with it. Not many people are chiming
in but in my mind this needs to be done. This trips up a lot of people
right at the first couple of steps.

Michael, I think you had some sort of idea for this too, right?

On 12-01-23 5:11 PM, "Anis KADRI" <> wrote:

>I think the whitelisting it should be part of the Getting started
>guides for the platforms that support it. People definitely need to
>know about it when they first setup their app.
>These guys also document it in their developer guide.
>On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Patrick Mueller <>
>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:57, Filip Maj <> wrote:
>>> How should we go about doing this? From Peter's earlier scathing
>>>e-mail to
>>> the list it sounds like at the very least it should be part of the
>>> cordova-docs repo. Some kind of article about that as it is not an API
>>> reference.
>> I don't have any suggestions about where to put it, but this information
>> should definitely be in the "shipped" docs.  I know this issue has
>> me before - it's not API, so not in the shipped docs, but definitely
>> people need to know.
>>> Given we are an Apache project now, I think it makes sense to move (or
>>> the least copy over) the stuff we currently have on the
>>>phonegap.comGetting Started guides [2] into the cordova-docs repo. We
>>>do have a
>>> "Guides" section at the bottom of the docs page [3].
>> If we know everyone that contributed to that doc has signed the CLA,
>> we can add it to the repo.  But yeah, it would be nice to have some of
>> doc at Apache.
>> Might be better to wait for the wiki to be created, and populate it from
>> the phonegap sites.
>> --
>> Patrick Mueller

View raw message