From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 1.4 release phone call
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:51:11 GMT
PhoneGap 1.4 meeting Notes

Friday, January 20th, 2012, started at 10:09AM

Brian: wiki is a place for contributors, not users. Style guide, roadmap,
that kinda stuff. PhoneGap website will be the user-specific content.
Analogy: webkit to chrome.

Michael: use the cordova website for putting our community's spin on
contribution, workflow and collaboration on Apache's process.

Brian: let's focus on the contributor workflow wiki article. Also: Steve
is actually doing work now. Hooray. He is automating some scripts (in
node) for cutting releases.

Brian: Probably can't cut an Apache release for 1.4 (i.e. within the next
week).

Pat: Looking into putting node on Apache build servers (because is
required for weinre). Good move, this will be required for other cordova
project build scripts.

Bryce: Probably can't do an Apache release for 1.4; aim for 1.5.

Fil: Cordova unified JS won't make it in time for 1.4. Could use some more
resources. Aim for 1.5.

Anis: Do we want to keep working on Bada?

Brian: Yes. Also combine with cordova-js project.

Fil: Some native modifications will need to be in place for unified JS
layer. Package/namespace labels for plugins need to be made consistent
across platforms, for example.

Brian: schedule an open session to show people cordova-js for next week.

Joe: Continued on View-ifying cordova-android. Separating out the
chromeless WebView into its own component, for easy integration into
existing native projects. Will change the way assets get loaded into
WebView (assets go into a local jail first). Would fix issues with history
stack in the WebView. All non-media assets would be "duplicated" in the
sense it would be copied to the jail (not a huge difference as we already
do that for media files).

Brian: we moved the getting started guides from phonegap.com into the docs
repository.

Bryce: whitelist sucks.

Fil: talking about cordova-js. At this point I stopped taking notes...

# To-do

- everyone push up the tags to Apache