From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: cordova git repos at apache - shadowed at github
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:00:06 GMT

On 12-01-13 1:54 PM, "Patrick Mueller" <pmuellr@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 16:45, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
>> First cut off the top of my head:
>>
>> 1. I fork github.com/apache/cordova-ios
>> 2. I make a few fixes and send a pull req
>> 3. that pull req mails this list
>> 4. ppl review it
>> 5. looks good, I merge it to the apache.org git repo
>> 6. changes are reflected on gh mirror
>>
>> Sound about right?
>>

>Yup.  How we do 5) is what we need to figure out.  What format is the
>commit in, and how do we apply it to a local repo?  Or maybe it's easier
>for a committer to add a remote to the contributors repo, and then just
>merge at the command-line?  Once it's in a local repo, a committer can
>commit it into the canonical Apache one easy-as-pie.

Yeah, add remote locally on your machine, pull in the changes, test it out
locally. I assume checking CLA stuff is done by hand (as we have done all
along anyways). Once you have it merged in locally you can easily push it
up to the git apache repo. Theoretically that then will eventually get
mirrored back over to github.com/apache (and hopefully auto-close the pull
request, too).

>Also, is all the author/committer stuff maintained properly in the commit?
> Are there some commit hooks to ensure the committer is really a
>committer,
>and that the author has signed the ICLA?  Guessing we'll have to do the
>ICLA check by hand.  But it would be nice to know that the info is
>maintained in the repo.

Maybe Jukka knows the answer to this?