From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Adding permission / plugins.xml / whitelist stuff to docs
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:57:46 GMT
How should we go about doing this? From Peter's earlier scathing e-mail to the list it sounds
like at the very least it should be part of the cordova-docs repo. Some kind of article about
that as it is not an API reference.

The BlackBerry webworks documentation is a good reference point for this kind of stuff, as
they put their config.xml permission requirements right in their API ref docs, see for example
their I/O docs [1].

Supported platforms, followed by config.xml requirements (<feature> / <permission>
elements), then finally the API ref docs. Maybe we can take a page out of their book for this.

Given we are an Apache project now, I think it makes sense to move (or at the least copy over)
the stuff we currently have on the phonegap.com Getting Started guides [2] into the cordova-docs
repo. We do have a "Guides" section at the bottom of the docs page [3].

Thoughts?

[1] https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/apis/blackberry.io.dir.html
[2] http://phonegap.com/start
[3] http://docs.phonegap.com