From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Cordova-Android now up-to-date in the ASF Git Repo
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:59:51 GMT

>> Is there a reason to move everything over to the github.com/cordova
>> organization? From my understanding the Apache git repo will be mirrored
>> over to github.com/apache - and will have other niceties like
>> automatically forwarding pull requests to the Apache dev mailing list
>>for
>> us.
>>

>Agree.  There's definitely benefit to having fewer repositories/web
>sites/organization roles to deal with, if we can avoid it.
>
>The question is, what do we lose by NOT having a github/cordova
>organization/repos.  And surely, we can create one later, if we really
>need
>one, right?

I think the most important thing is a point of interaction for the rest of
our community specifically within GitHub. Apache has already set up the
pull request niceties, etc. The move from github.com/phonegap to /callback
didn't hurt our community *that* badly, so doing one more should be
alright, too.

I don't think we lose anything.