From Filip Maj <>
Subject Re: Commit and contribution workflows (Was: Cordova-Android now up-to-date in the ASF Git Repo)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:40:26 GMT

>The git-svn repositories mirrored at already support
>automatic forwarding of pull request notifications to the respective
>dev@ lists, so we could set up something similar also for Cordova if
>there's interest. And of course changes can also be submitted as
>normal patches even without any Git push/pull workflows.

This sounds like the best solution. This way we don't have to give up the
simplicity of GitHub for getting contributions from non-committers, but
can still stay almost completely within Apache infrastructure for
day-to-day development. Also makes sense to have it under the Apache
organization on GitHub...

>It would be great if the Cordova community came up with a wiki or web
>page that outlines the recommended contribution workflow.

Should we base this off the existing wiki articles floating around (the
ones that the CouchDB folks started?) or start a new one? Any
recommendations on this Jukka?

View raw message